Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by ed...@fiserv.com on 2005/03/11 15:30:28 UTC

Docs for 1.2, lock/reserve?

Hi there -

I finally got the latest stuff compiled (latest source as of 1.5 days ago)

on my Solaris 9 box, got stuff up and running, even used vss2svn.pl to
convert over some testing history. All good so far.

I understand that locking/reserving will be included in 1.2 - is there any

documentation that describes how subversion will work with this? Is this
functionality merged into the latest source?

I'd be happy to help to test!

Edward Wittmann

Re: Docs for 1.2, lock/reserve?

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Mar 11, 2005, at 9:30 AM, ed.wittmann@fiserv.com wrote:

> Hi there -
>
> I finally got the latest stuff compiled (latest source as of 1.5 days
> ago)
>
> on my Solaris 9 box, got stuff up and running, even used vss2svn.pl to
> convert over some testing history. All good so far.
>
> I understand that locking/reserving will be included in 1.2 - is there
> any
>
> documentation that describes how subversion will work with this? Is
> this
> functionality merged into the latest source?
>
> I'd be happy to help to test!

All the locking stuff is happening on the 'locking' branch.  The
server-side stuff is done, the client stuff is nearly done.  We expect
to merge branch to trunk early next week.

The feature isn't documented in the book yet;  that will happen while
we're in 1.2 "freeze" time.  But the functional-spec, implementation,
and UI are all in the notes/locking/ directory on trunk.  You can read
those to get an idea of the feature.