Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Yakov Zhdanov <yz...@apache.org> on 2016/01/27 18:39:04 UTC

Check list for test implementation

Guys,

While reviewing tests and production code we often see that developers do
not add full test set to entirely cover all the aspects of a new feature or
a fix. So, it seems to be very handy to have some kind of checklist for
contributors and reviewers to follow. Here is the link -
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Implementing+Tests.
Comments and suggestions are welcome.

--Yakov

Re: Check list for test implementation

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
Great start in improving the quality of JUnit testing in Ignite. It would
be much better to put it in a table format, rather than list.

I think, given the breadth of the tests listed, it will be almost
impossible to follow this list for every fix or feature. Instead, we should
provide an automatic test harness which will go through all the topology,
memory, deployment, and other config property permutations and run all
these tests automatically.

Until we do, however, all the new functionality should be tested based on
this list.

Thoughts?

D.