Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Schalk <sc...@volume4.com> on 2005/12/08 23:21:34 UTC

[FileUpload]

Greetings All

What is the latest version of commons-fileupload and where do I download
it from. The only one I get from the jakarta.apache.org website is the
1.0 release released in 2003. Is this still the latest and most stable?

--
Kind Regards
Schalk Neethling

Re: [FileUpload]

Posted by Schalk <sc...@volume4.com>.

Martin Cooper wrote:

> On 12/8/05, *Schalk* <schalk@volume4.com <ma...@volume4.com>>
> wrote:
>
>     Greetings All
>
>     What is the latest version of commons-fileupload and where do I
>     download
>     it from. The only one I get from the jakarta.apache.org
>     <http://jakarta.apache.org> website is the
>     1.0 release released in 2003. Is this still the latest and most
>     stable?
>

> The 1.0 release is the latest official release. However, what's in the
> nightlies right now is stable, there are no open non-enhancements, and
> I'm in the final stages of putting together a 1.1 Release Candidate.
> I'm hoping that will be out within a few days. So it would be great if
> you could pick up the nightly and run with it, since I fully expect
> that will be the code that will ship as FileUpload 1.1.
>
> --
> Martin Cooper

Thanks Martin.

Re: [FileUpload]

Posted by Schalk <sc...@volume4.com>.
Martin Cooper wrote:
> On 12/8/05, Schalk Neethling <sc...@volume4.com> wrote:
>
>> Martin Cooper wrote:
>>
>>> On 12/8/05, *Schalk* <schalk@volume4.com <ma...@volume4.com>>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>     Greetings All
>>>
>>>     What is the latest version of commons-fileupload and where do I
>>>     download
>>>     it from. The only one I get from the jakarta.apache.org
>>>     <http://jakarta.apache.org> website is the
>>>     1.0 release released in 2003. Is this still the latest and most
>>>     stable?
>>>

>>> The 1.0 release is the latest official release. However, what's in the
>>> nightlies right now is stable, there are no open non-enhancements, and
>>> I'm in the final stages of putting together a 1.1 Release Candidate.
>>> I'm hoping that will be out within a few days. So it would be great if
>>> you could pick up the nightly and run with it, since I fully expect
>>> that will be the code that will ship as FileUpload 1.1.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Martin Cooper
>>>
>> Martin
>>
>> What is the difference  between the build ant script and the build-gump?
>> Do I just run build?
>>

> If you just want to plug the latest FileUpload into your own apps, you don't
> need to build at all. You can just download the latest nightly build from
> here:
>
> http://cvs.apache.org/builds/jakarta-commons/nightly/commons-fileupload/
>
> If you do want to build it yourself, I recommend that you use Maven (1.0.2)
> to do so. The Ant build file is there because the nightly builds need it.
> The build-gump file is used by the Gump system, and shouldn't be needed by
> anyone else.
>
> --
> Martin Cooper

I missed the binary builds. Thanks!

Re: [FileUpload]

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.

Re: [FileUpload]

Posted by Schalk Neethling <sc...@volume4.com>.
Martin Cooper wrote:

> On 12/8/05, *Schalk* <schalk@volume4.com <ma...@volume4.com>>
> wrote:
>
>     Greetings All
>
>     What is the latest version of commons-fileupload and where do I
>     download
>     it from. The only one I get from the jakarta.apache.org
>     <http://jakarta.apache.org> website is the
>     1.0 release released in 2003. Is this still the latest and most
>     stable?
>

> The 1.0 release is the latest official release. However, what's in the
> nightlies right now is stable, there are no open non-enhancements, and
> I'm in the final stages of putting together a 1.1 Release Candidate.
> I'm hoping that will be out within a few days. So it would be great if
> you could pick up the nightly and run with it, since I fully expect
> that will be the code that will ship as FileUpload 1.1.
>
> --
> Martin Cooper
Martin

What is the difference  between the build ant script and the build-gump?
Do I just run build?

--
Kind Regards
Schalk Neethling
Volume4.Business.Solution.Developers
Landlines
Tel: +27125468436
US Tel: (440) 499-5484
Fax: +27125468436
Web
email:schalk@volume4.com
Global: www.volume4.com
Messenger
Yahoo!: v_olume4
AOL: v0lume4
MSN: volume4_@hotmail.com

We support OpenSource
Get Firefox!- The browser reloaded - http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and please delete all traces of this material from all devices.

Re: [FileUpload]

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.