Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org> on 2008/02/14 18:13:05 UTC

Re: [configuration] JDK compatibility

Hi all,

I'm a bit late in this discussion, I'm quite favorable to an upgrade of
the minimum JDK required, JDK 1.3 compatibility is really handicapping
nowadays. I just hope this doesn't imply designing a new configuration
API based on the current code, or this could turn into another cli2 like
never finished project.

Regarding the new package name, I prefer org.apache.commons.config
rather than org.apache.commons.configuration2. It's shorter, still
meaningful and version independent (I hope we'll not need another
package change anytime soon!).

Emmanuel Bourg