Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by "Abhilash Mandaliya (via Google Docs)" <ab...@gmail.com> on 2020/12/03 08:27:20 UTC

Apache Pulsar PIP - advertisedListener enhancement - Invitation to comment

I've shared an item with you:

Apache Pulsar PIP - advertisedListener enhancement
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YelHBuFAAYkmRNWzhVg4j39-VovGb9Ng2_Vg6zbCqGM/edit?usp=sharing&invite=CJTD-8sC&ts=5fc8a168

It's not an attachment -- it's stored online. To open this item, just click
the link above.

Let me know if you need an edit access of this doc

Re: Apache Pulsar PIP - advertisedListener enhancement - Invitation to comment

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Abhilash,

I took a look at the issue you described. I don't think this is the right
approach to solve the problem. Because the HTTP and HTTPS ports are only
used for admin rest calls and topic lookups. You don't really need to
advertise those addresses. When we introduced multiple advertised
listeners, we already have that consideration in mind as we only need to
advertise the addresses and ports used for binary protocols.

I think to solve the problem, we can just fix the name used in health check
topics. E.g. switching from using HTTP port to Binary port.

Thanks,
Sijie

Posted by Abhilash Mandaliya <ab...@gmail.com>.
Replied on the doc :)