Posted to woden-dev@ws.apache.org by "John Kaputin (gmail)" <ja...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/04 16:48:56 UTC

'about-this-package' files in refactored directory tree (WODEN-211)

The text files called 'about-this-package' were created initially to explain
the purpose of each package and were located in the actual java package
directory, along with the java source files. In the new source code
structure some of these files are still within the /java package directory
and some have been moved to the /resources directories. I think it would
reduce the overall size of the directory tree if all of these files were
kept within the package directories (under /java, not /resources) because in
most cases there is nothing else under the /resource directory - just the
'about-this-package' file.

'about-this-package' files that appear under the /java directory:

/woden211/woden-api/src/main/java/org/apache/woden/about-this-package
/woden211/woden-api/src/main/java/org/apache/woden/wsdl20/extensions/about-this-package

'about-this-package' files that appear under the /resources directory:

/woden211/woden-ant/src/main/resources/org/apache/woden/ant/about-this-package
/woden211/woden-api/src/main/resources/org/apache/woden/wsdl20/extensions/about-this-package
/woden211/woden-api/src/main/resources/org/apache/woden/wsdl20/fragids/about-this-package
/woden211/woden-api/src/main/resources/org/apache/woden/wsdl20/xml/about-this-package
/woden211/woden-api/src/main/resources/org/apache/woden/wsdl20/about-this-package
/woden211/woden-api/src/main/resources/org/apache/woden/about-this-package

Note, we never created these files consistently for all packages anyway, so
perhaps now they should either be deleted or replaced with consistent use of
package.html javadoc files. Thoughts?

regards,
John

Re: 'about-this-package' files in refactored directory tree (WODEN-211)

Posted by "John Kaputin (gmail)" <ja...@gmail.com>.
OK then, if there's no objection, I suggest we remove the about-this-package
files from the new source tree and later on, after it has been committed, we
can create some new package.html files.

regards,
John.

>>> http://riadiscuss.jeffmaury.com

Posted by Jeff MAURY <je...@jeffmaury.com>.

Posted by "John Kaputin (gmail)" <ja...@gmail.com>.
Jeff,

Posted by Jeff MAURY <je...@jeffmaury.com>.

Posted by Arthur Ryman <ar...@gmail.com>.
John,

+1 for consistent use of package.html since that gets picked up by javadoc. [1]

[1] http://java.sun.com/j2se/javadoc/writingdoccomments/#packagecomments

-- Arthur