Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Annies, Sebastian" <se...@coremedia.com> on 2007/01/15 18:45:13 UTC

maven-assembly-plugin:2.2-SNAPSHOT cannot be downloaded

Hello,

For some reason I cannot get any maven assembly plugin in version
2.2-SNAPSHOT to download. I added:
<repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>Apache SNAPSHOTS</id>
      <name>Apache SNAPSHOTS</name>
      <url>http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository</url>
      <releases>
        <enabled>true</enabled>
        <updatePolicy>always</updatePolicy>
        <checksumPolicy>warn</checksumPolicy>
      </releases>
      <snapshots>
        <enabled>true</enabled>
        <updatePolicy>always</updatePolicy>
        <checksumPolicy>fail</checksumPolicy>
      </snapshots>
    </repository>

 <!--   <repository>
      <id>CodeHaus SNAPSHOTS</id>
      <name>CodeHaus SNAPSHOTS</name>

to the parent pom and get an error as shown in the error.txt attachment.
The actual pom is attached as pom.xml

Any suggestions??

Regards,
Sebastian

Re: maven-assembly-plugin:2.2-SNAPSHOT cannot be downloaded

Posted by Heinrich Nirschl <he...@gmail.com>.
On 1/15/07, Annies, Sebastian <se...@coremedia.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> For some reason I cannot get any maven assembly plugin in version
> 2.2-SNAPSHOT to download. I added:
> <repositories>
>     <repository>

You need to use <pluginRepositories> and <pluginRepository> instead.

Re: maven-assembly-plugin:2.2-SNAPSHOT cannot be downloaded

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
If you want to avoid including snapshot repositories in your build,
then you will need to follow
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Patching+Maven+Plugins.

You should seriously think about avoiding including the snapshot
repository in your build process as you will get ALL snapshots not
just the snapshot for the one plugin you want.

RE: maven-assembly-plugin:2.2-SNAPSHOT cannot be downloaded

Posted by Greg Jones <gr...@gkj.com.au>.
Sebastian,

You also need to add the repository as a plugin repository, as follows:

  <pluginRepositories>
    <pluginRepository>
      <id>Apache SNAPSHOTS</id>
      <name>Apache SNAPSHOTS</name>
      <url>http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository</url>
      <releases>
        <enabled>true</enabled>
        <updatePolicy>always</updatePolicy>
        <checksumPolicy>warn</checksumPolicy>
      </releases>
      <snapshots>
        <enabled>true</enabled>
        <updatePolicy>always</updatePolicy>
        <checksumPolicy>fail</checksumPolicy>
      </snapshots>
    </pluginRepository>
  </pluginRepositories>

This took a bit of Googling when I had the same problem!

Regards,
Greg J