Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by James Black <jb...@ieee.org> on 2004/06/09 04:01:31 UTC

RE: Tomcat and JSF

You have to add some jar files to your webapp, but JSF will work on Tomcat
5, I haven't tried it on Tomcat 4 in 8 mths.

" Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and
dance like no one is watching."
            --- Satchel Paige

Re: Tomcat and JSF

Posted by Mark Lowe <ma...@boxstuff.com>.
I've got jsf running on tomcat 5 there's not extra config.. Just add
the required jars to your webapp's  lib directory and configure your
web.xml in the appropriate manner. See the example apps bundled with
jsf.

<jsf rant>
Just a shame that input type="file" seems to be like getting blood out
of a stone. Yeah, yeah, yeah i know myfaces does it, and/or you can
hack a servlet filter in. But I'd really like to move to JSF and
adopting something that we cant see the source of would be when these
sorts of fundamental bases are covers. h:inputFile (or something to
that effect, where are you? it was too early for 1.0, but now its 1.1
and you're still not there. I'm on the program, I've brought the books,
we are borg and I have been assimilated,I'll even live without struts
tiles, I don't want to work around file uploads anymore, I'm utterly
bored for such nonsense). I want to say h:someInput type and then
pummel it to a bean or listener. After all

"JavaServer Faces technology simplifies building user interfaces for
JavaServer applications. Developers of various skill levels can quickly
build web applications by: assembling reusable UI components in a page;
connecting these components to an application data source; and wiring
client-generated events to server-side event handlers."
[http://java.sun.com/j2ee/javaserverfaces/]

JSF is great, but this absence of file upload is pretty silly.
</jsf rant>

Mark

Re: Tomcat and JSF

Posted by snpe <sn...@snpe.co.yu>.
I know this , but my question is :
Will tomcat have own JSF implementation like JSP implementation

regards