Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Allen Wilson <al...@marcresearch.com> on 2000/12/13 19:22:55 UTC

Re[2]: Mod_perl tutorials

Good morning...

I for one...would like to see some tutorials. I am just starting to use mod_perl
and it hard getting a firm start.

Allen

Subject:    Re: Mod_perl tutorials
Author: Nathan Torkington <gn...@frii.com>
Date:       12/13/00 11:08 AM

J. J. Horner writes:
> What is the story on these tutorials?  Is it something you can
> distribute, or did most of it come off of the top your head?

Tutorials seems like a deadend for effort.  I've had zero (0)

If nobody's interested in increasing the number of mod_perl
programmers through tutorials, then the only other option I can think
of is strategically-placed success stories.

I know that perl.oreilly.com is making a point of collecting Perl
success stories and is always hungry for more.  They won't convert
the unwashed there, though.

It'd sure be nice to have a WebTechniques special issue on mod_perl.
Hint, hint, Randal :-)

Nat

THIS MESSAGE MAY CONTAIN PROPRIETARY OR CONFIDENTIAL
COMPANY INFORMATION. ANY UNAUTHORIZED USE OR DISCLOSURE
IS PROHIBITED.

Re: Re[2]: Mod_perl tutorials

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Nathan Torkington wrote:

> Allen Wilson writes:
> > I for one...would like to see some tutorials. I am just starting to
> > use mod_perl and it hard getting a firm start.
>
> http://prometheus.frii.com/~gnat/mod_perl is the only freely-available
> tutorial that I know of.  There are a few (ahem) bugs in the code, but
> the tutorial is still useful (IMHO).  I'd appreciate any feedback you
> have.

My slides/handouts from the last 5 conferences are all available as well
at http://stason.org/talks/, but since they are based on the guide, you
better head off to read the guide in first place, since it's most up to
date.

mailto:stas@stason.org   http://apachetoday.com http://logilune.com/

Re: Re[2]: Mod_perl tutorials

Posted by Nathan Torkington <gn...@frii.com>.