Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Bo Bodnar <bb...@us.ibm.com> on 2017/02/28 15:55:21 UTC

IF controller questions

It's been a while since I messed with the IF controller, I can't find the
scripts I created a few years ago, so here goes:

I'm creating a script where I want the user to pass a parameter which turns
on or off an IF controller.  The IF controller only has a Simple Data
Writer.  To wit:

jmeter -n -t FILE.jmx -JRecordError=1 etc, etc where if RecordError = 0 the
IF portion is skipped and if it is 1 that portion is not skipped.  The
parameter is referenced in a User Defined Variables page as follows:  ${__P
(RecordError, 0)} and in the IF controller the condition is ${RecordError}
== 1 (and all checkboxes are unchecked).

I've deliberately introduced errors (e.g., writing to a file that cannot be
written to and the Simple Data Writer creates the log file, but the file is
empty (this is regardless of whether RecordError is 0 or 1).  I do not want
this file created if RecordError=0.

This isn't rocket science but, for the life of me, I can't figure out what
I'm doing incorrectly.

Thank you for your time.

Bo

   Bohdan L. Bodnar
   Lead Performance Engineer
   1-312-871-5163

   E-mail: bbodnar@us.ibm.com                               222 South Riverside Plaza
                                                                    Chicago, IL 60606
                                                                        United States

RE: IF controller questions

Posted by Stuart Kenworthy <St...@bjss.com>.
Have you run with a debug sampler just before the if controller to ensure RecordError is in fact 0 when expected? If running headless, add a xml listener to capture the output.

Your logic is sound in the script something else must be getting in the way. Are you always passing -JRecordError=1 in your parameters if so have you got something that will overwrite it if no error is found?

[...]

The information included in this email and any files transmitted with it may contain information that is confidential and it must not be used by, or its contents or attachments copied or disclosed to, persons other than the intended addressee. If you have received this email in error, please notify BJSS. In the absence of written agreement to the contrary BJSS' relevant standard terms of contract for any work to be undertaken will apply. Please carry out virus or such other checks as you consider appropriate in respect of this email. BJSS does not accept responsibility for any adverse effect upon your system or data in relation to this email or any files transmitted with it. BJSS Limited, a company registered in England and Wales (Company Number 2777575), VAT Registration Number 613295452, Registered Office Address, First Floor, Coronet House, Queen Street, Leeds, LS1 2TW.