Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Juraj Lenharcik <le...@gmx.de> on 2006/07/21 19:32:30 UTC

Minimal SMTP configuration

Hello,

I have a question how to set up the minimal configuration to send
mails from my local pc to the internet. Does anyone has a short example?

Thank you,
Juraj

Re: Minimal SMTP configuration

Posted by Juraj Lenharcik <le...@gmx.de>.
I have done it already but I get an exeption:

21/07/06 20:06:03 INFO  James.Mailet: RemoteDelivery: Permanent
exception delivering mail (Mail1153505160198-0-to-nort.de:
javax.mail.SendFailedException: Invalid Addresses;
   nested exception is:
	class javax.mail.SendFailedException: 550 5.0.0
<te...@example.com>... Dial-Up IP address rejected

	at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.rcptTo(SMTPTransport.java:926)

and also the same for the recp. address.

What does this mean?

Posted by Juraj Lenharcik <le...@gmx.de>.
Norman, thank you for your response. I think I will try is later
again, when I have a static IP on a dedicated server...

Posted by Norman Maurer <nm...@byteaction.de>.
Hi it mean what you see ;-)

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Posted by Juraj Lenharcik <le...@gmx.de>.