Posted to dev@rocketmq.apache.org by Zhanhui Li <li...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/01 08:49:24 UTC

[Documentation Discussion] Document Review Request

Hi All,

True that Apache RocketMQ excels in many places, but it still needs as many efforts to be good enough. Documentation, IMO, is a one of the efforts that requires prior attention.

Generally speaking, two categories of documentation are needed: One is user oriented documentation showing how to use Apache RocketMQ effectively, following known best practices; the other is codebase documentation, which would substantially lower threshold joining and contributing after the codebase is fully annotated in javadoc.

I just composed/committed a documentation guideline here: https://github.com/apache/incubator-rocketmq-site/blob/master/_docs/07-documentation.md <https://github.com/apache/incubator-rocketmq-site/blob/master/_docs/07-documentation.md> (not published to our website yet), wishing to establish some rules for the incoming documentation work and contribution.  You guys are welcome to comment and advise.

Zhanhui Li