Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by br...@tariffenet.it on 2005/03/01 09:01:21 UTC

Re: Can we remove data-source support?

Removing data source support? It's ok for me... I took a piece of code
from Struts DataSource support for this project:
http://sdsmanager.sourceforge.net/
Obviously with all the needed disclaimers :-P
It works as a plugin for Struts. I made that library because I think a
better DataSource support is needed (that library, for example, does not
fail loading the application if the DataSource is not found).
Ciao
Antonio Petrelli

Don Brown wrote:

> Are we going to finally remove data-source support for 1.3?  If so, I
don't mind going through the code and docs to clean it out.

> Related question: if we were to remove data-source support, should we
remove it from the docs immediately?  Do the docs reflect the current
state of the code or the latest release?  If the former, perhaps our docs
shouldn't be so tied to the website to allow for the docs on the site to
reflect the latest stable release while let developers modify the docs in
the repository concurrently with feature additions/changes/removals.