Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by sn...@bel.co.in on 2011/07/22 07:02:18 UTC

[users@httpd] reverse proxy not working with file upload(multipart/form-data)

Hi all,

I am using apache 2.2.15 as a reverse proxy
server in front of tomcat app server. The application needs a file
of  less than 500 bytes to be uploaded by user. This works fine
without reverse proxy but fails always when used with reverse proxy.

I have tried with many versions of apache including apache 2.0.54,
2.0.64, 2.2.15 and 2.2.19.

The other pages served by reverse
proxy server are fine.

When trying to upload the file wireshark
shows the packet as "continuation or non-http data" and the
application gets stuck there.

My configuration is as
follows:

   ProxyRequests Off

KeepAliveTimeout 500
   ProxyPass /
ajp://BACKEND-SERVER:8009/
   ProxyPassReverse /
ajp://BACKEND-SERVER:8009/
   ProxyPassReverseCookiePath /
/

I have also tried the following

ProxyPass / http://BACKEND-SERVER:8080/
   ProxyPassReverse
/ http://BACKEND-SERVER:8080/

Can anyone tell what may be the
problem???

Snigdha

Please send mail to @bel.co.in only
Confidentiality Notice
The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this
message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain
confidential or privileged information. If  you are not the intended recipient,
 please notify the sender at Bharat Electronics  or support@bel.co.in
immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.