Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by Piyush Jain <pj...@fau.edu> on 2013/04/01 17:56:02 UTC

cTAKES - Context Annotation

Hell Sir/Madam,

I am new to this forum and I have few question regarding cTAKES.
As of now, I am posting my question in this email only, please let me know
if I have to post my questions somewhere else.

Question:
I am using cTAKES context annotation. I am trying to keep
"MaxLeftScopeSize" and "MaxRightScopeSize" as 2, earlier it was 10. Also, I
need to keep the context annotation look up to be limited to same sentence
and same "," span.

Could you please help me with this or if you are not the right person could
you please redirect me to right person?

Regards,
Piyush

RE: cTAKES - Context Annotation

Posted by "Masanz, James J." <Ma...@mayo.edu>.
Hi Piyush,

I don't remember offhand how the scope of a Context Annotation is determined (other than "MaxLeftScopeSize" and "MaxRightScopeSize")

I'll take a look later this morning and post again.

this is the appropriate place to post questions such as yours.

-- James

Posted by "Masanz, James J." <Ma...@mayo.edu>.
Which version of cTAKES are you using? Or are you running off trunk of SVN?

Can you check that you setting "MaxLeftScopeSize" and "MaxRightScopeSize" within both NegationAnnotator.xml and within StatusAnnotator.xml

Or if you are using the drug ner pipeline, are you setting them within NegationDxAnnotator.xml?
Or DxStatusAnnotator.xml for pad term spotter.

Or just look for all copies of the following
NegationAnnotator.xml
StatusAnnotator.xml
NegationDxAnnotator.xml
DxStatusAnnotator.xml

-- James

Posted by Piyush Jain <pj...@fau.edu>.
Hi James,

Posted by Andy McMurry <mc...@gmail.com>.
RE: Context Dependent Annotation

I had needs for fast local write (Consumer) that could directly be imported into a SQL database for further analysis independent of cTakes.
Consuming annotations are MUCH faster than what I was doing before

Supports fast CSV->SQL inserts for the following types in a standard database table format
* Sentence (annotation)
* BaseToken
* NewLineToken
* ContractionToken
* PunctuationToken
* SymbolToken
* WordToken
* NumToken

Creates database tables for each token type.

If folks are interested in "yet another annotation consumer" I can upload.

--Andy

Posted by "Masanz, James J." <Ma...@mayo.edu>.

Posted by Piyush Jain <pj...@fau.edu>.
Thank you so much. Appreciate it.