Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Nawab Zada Asad Iqbal <kh...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/02 19:20:22 UTC

Internal details on how ADDREPLICA executes?

Hi,

I am considering using SolrCloud and enable autoADDREPLICA.
I am curious on how long does it take for SolrCloud to setup the replica.
Before the new replica can start to serve queries, it needs to copy all the
documents in the current leader and also index whatever new traffic is
arriving. How is this state tracked?  I assume SolrCloud knows about this
transient state between a new replica creation and being ready to server
queries and handles it appropriately.

Do I need to consider any performance issues after executing addReplica
(i.e., will it affect the current leader's index or querying response time
when older segment files are being copied to the new replica).

Thanks
Nawab

Re: Internal details on how ADDREPLICA executes?

Posted by Nawab Zada Asad Iqbal <kh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Erick!

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.