Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Rob Walker <ro...@ascert.com> on 2014/08/01 12:35:29 UTC

[vfs] Next newbie Q - local cacheing of remote files (e.g. HTTP)

 From what I've read, I think that if I use say HTTP for file access,
there's cacheing of files locally in a temp dir to avoid retrieving them
on every reference?

That's pretty much exactly what I need. Just want to check I'm not
misunderstanding this, and if there are any gotchas to be aware of

I'd assume that things like Last-Modified would be checked at some
period, and new copies pulled down if changed?

-- Rob Walker

--

Ascert - Taking systems to the edge
www.ascert.com