Posted to user@shale.apache.org by Lionel Port <li...@portconnection.com> on 2007/05/16 01:47:00 UTC

tokens when revisiting the same page

Hi,

I've been using shale tokens and it works well the normal situation of
a one directional page flow but I'm having trouble when the page flow
involves coming back to the same page a second time.

e.g.

Page1 ->  Page2 -> Page1

In this situation when page 1 is viewed the second time it has an
invalid token and I can not proceed. Shouldn't I be getting a new
token value every response?

Lionel

Re: tokens when revisiting the same page

Posted by Lionel Port <li...@portconnection.com>.
I think I've found whats causing this problem. I was actually binding
the token to the backing bean which happened to be session scoped.
This meant that the token was remembering its old value.

The reason I was binding the token was that I have some ajax4jsf
components doing ajax calls. When an ajax call was happening the token
value was not being regenerated so I was forcing it to be regenerated
by removing the token value from the token. I guess a work around of
this would be to get the token from the facesContext but I didn't want
to do this as I would need hard code the tokens id.

Does anyone know if there is a better way of getting a new token value
on every ajax request?