Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Michael Catanzariti <mc...@free.fr> on 2003/07/09 12:04:38 UTC

log4cxx 0.1.0 release

Log4cxx is a port to C++ of the log4j project
http://sourceforge.net/projects/log4cxx/

Features
========
Loggers, Hierarchy, Filters, Appenders, Layouts

* Appenders:
  AsyncAppender, ConsoleAppender, FileAppender, NTEventLogAppender,
  RollingFileAppender, SocketAppender, SocketHubAappender,
  TelnetAppender, XMLSocketAppender

* Layouts:
  HTMLLayout, PatternLayout, SimpleLayout, TTCCLayout, XMLLayout

* Filters:
  DenyAllFilter, LevelMatchFilter, LevelRangeFilter, StringMatchFilter

* Configurators:
  DOMConfigurator, PropertyConfigurator

* Java like objects with dynamic cast and instanciation. Custom objects can
  be configured through the DOMConfigurator and PropertyConfigurator classes

Version 0.1.0 Changelog
=======================
* FreeBSD Autotools/Compilation support
* Fixed TelnetAppender crash when a socket bind exception occured.
* Added log4j DTD support to XMLLayout and DOMConfigurator
* Can now send events in XML format over TCP (class XMLSocketAppender) for the
  log4j Chainsaw UI
* Now compiles with 'configure --enable-unicode' (UTF16 Unicode support)
* Added Java like Properties class. It's a helper for the PropertyConfigurator
* Added Java like objects with dynamic cast and instanciation. Custom objects
  can be configured through the DOMConfigurator and PropertyConfigurator classes
* Port of the PropertyConfigurator class
* Port of the "Map Diagnostic Context" (MDC) class
* Added 13 tests (make check)

Michael

PS : Can somebody add a link to log4cxx in the log4j download page ?

Re: log4cxx 0.1.0 release

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch>.
Michael,

What is the exact description of log4cxx you would see for the link on our
page?

       ISBN: 2970036908  http://www.qos.ch/shop/products/clm_t.jsp