Posted to users@maven.apache.org by J-F Daune <da...@daune-consult.com> on 2006/04/19 16:00:00 UTC

[m2] Xdoclet fails

Hi,

I am starting with M2, and am trying to use XDoclet to generate EJB stuff.

I followed instructions found on this mailing list, and declare this:

 <build>
   <plugins>
     <plugin>
       <artifactId>maven-ejb-plugin</artifactId>
       <configuration>
          <generateClient>true</generateClient>
       </configuration>
     </plugin>

     <plugin>
       <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
       <artifactId>xdoclet-maven-plugin</artifactId>
       <executions>
         <execution>
           <phase>generate-sources</phase>
           <goals>
             <goal>xdoclet</goal>
           </goals>
           <configuration>
             <tasks>
               <ejbdoclet

destDir="${project.build.directory}/generated-sources/xdoclet"
                 excludedtags="@version,@author"
                 force="true"
                 verbose="true">
                 <fileset dir="${basedir}/src/main/java"
includes="**/*Bean.java"/>
                 <remoteinterface/>
                 <homeinterface/>
                 <localinterface/>
                 <localhomeinterface/>
               </ejbdoclet>
             </tasks>
           </configuration>
         </execution>
       </executions>
     </plugin>
   </plugins>
 </build>

I have a TestServiceBean.java declaring ejb.bean and one
ejb.interface-method.

Unfortunately, when invoking mvn package, no code is generated.

Any help is welcome, as for me, everything has been configured correctly.

Cheers,

J-F

Re: [m2] Xdoclet fails

Posted by Kenney Westerhof <ke...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 19 Apr 2006, J-F Daune wrote:

> That 'works', in the sense that XDoclet now tries to generate something.
>
> But I unfortunately got other exceptions.
>
> What strikes me, is that the example is taken from a project using M1,
> to evaluate impact of switching to M2.
> With M1, it works without the 'implements', and I am reluctant changing
> my source code for M2.
>
> Could it be a classpath issue?

I've looked at the code for xjavadoc, and any dependencies
are not used. Each source class is represented by an XClass instance,
which knows about implementing interfaces and such. The dependency
is represented by an UnknownClass, and does not contain any information.

A big shortcoming of XDoclet, since this information can easily be
extracted using reflection. Nothing I can do, I'm sorry.

I really don't know why/how that worked in Maven 1 - maybe it used an
old version of XDoclet that worked differently.

Maybe the XDoclet2 plugin is something to look at?

-- Kenney

> J-F

Kenney Westerhof
http://www.neonics.com
GPG public key: http://www.gods.nl/~forge/kenneyw.key

Re: [m2] Xdoclet fails

Posted by J-F Daune <da...@daune-consult.com>.

Re: [m2] Xdoclet fails

Posted by Kenney Westerhof <ke...@apache.org>.

Re : [m2] Xdoclet fails

Posted by langlois yan <la...@yahoo.fr>.
Hi,

If you want your EJB to implement AbstractStatelessSessionBean (from spring framework) you have to declare spring as a dependency of your xdoclet plugin. Your POM must look like that :

[...]
        <dependencies>
             <dependency>
                       <groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
                       <arctefactId>spring</arctefactId>
                       <version>1.2.6</version> <!-- for example -->
             </dependency>
        </dependencies>
</plugin>

Yan.

Envoyé le : Mercredi, 19 Avril 2006, 5h51mn 31s
Objet : Re: [m2] Xdoclet fails

Re: [m2] Xdoclet fails

Posted by J-F Daune <da...@daune-consult.com>.

Re: [m2] Xdoclet fails