Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/01 01:11:47 UTC

Re: Code Reviews

Like Dawid I hope we won't add strict requirements to get changes reviewed
before merging but I do agree with the general sentiment that reviews are
helpful and improve code quality. I really appreciate getting feedback on
patches that I upload, including negative feedback and I don't mind being
pinged on issues if anyone thinks I might have valuable feedback to give.

I didn't know Solr had a CTR policy. I understand CTR and RTC have pros and
cons but since there seems to be agreement that we want more changes to be
reviewed I think RTC is better at encouraging a review culture: as a
reviewer it's easier to recommend that the change should be done in a
totally different way if that is what you think, and you also feel more
useful since someone considered that the change needs your pair of eyes
before being merged.

Re: Code Reviews

Posted by Varun Thacker <va...@vthacker.in>.
+1 to the general sentiment of trying to get more eyes on a larger change
before committing.

We could start making a more conscious decision of calling out these
changes and then seeing if it's gets any attention

I don't have any tool preference so I started with review board for my
latest patch to see where it takes

Re: Code Reviews

Posted by Stefan Matheis <st...@mathe.is>.

Re: Code Reviews