Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "LOCHART,DOUGLAS E" <do...@cablespeed.com> on 2005/08/31 05:38:08 UTC

RE: External URL help

Thanks Nick.

I figured it out just a little while ago.  For some reason
I had a mental blockage keeping me from making the leap
here.  I do this same thing (rendering the URL) for a
Direct Link in a menu component I wrote.  I guess I was
hung up on the whole external thing.

Actually one thing I figured out by trial and error was
how to set the page name.  I could not find an example on
how to set the page name and the TIA book glosses over
this.  I see now its the first parameter.

I do have one more question on this matter though ...

I will be rendering a link to send in an email.  When I
tested the link rendering I got a link with a jsessionid
in it.
here is what I got.

/MensanaTestPortal/app;jsessionid=36173DB59075B0E518234D75FFCB8EA4?service=external/ExternalTest&sp=SCody

I don't think that should be in there.  How can I avoid
getting that in the URL?  This session will be dead by the
time they click on the URL.

Thanks again for the help

Doug