Posted to users@maven.apache.org by TarunKhandelwal <ta...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/17 13:31:04 UTC

Only Single Module is being Build when Executing Test Case

Hello All,

I am implementing Maven for the build Automation and as well as Test Run.
Now i have two different projects and i have created one Parent Project to
build both of them.
But now some error is coming when i am running parent pom.xml.
Its Building only single Module.
And after running Test Cases it's not building other Project.
When i commented all the code from my Test Class. It worked , don't know
whats the Problem.
Hope to get a solution.

Thanks,
Tarun Khandelwal

Re: Only Single Module is being Build when Executing Test Case

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> I am implementing Maven for the build Automation and as well as Test Run.
> Now i have two different projects and i have created one Parent Project to
> build both of them.
> But now some error is coming when i am running parent pom.xml.
> Its Building only single Module.
> And after running Test Cases it's not building other Project.
> When i commented all the code from my Test Class. It worked , don't know
> whats the Problem.
> Hope to get a solution.

Do you realize your email boils down to "I have a problem, please help
me fix it" but then you provide zero details that we could actually
work with?

Perhaps try "mvn -X ..." to turn on debug mode, it may help you figure
out what is wrong. But it sounds like you have a problem in a test.
Check /target/surefire-reports under the project which seems to be
failing and see if one of your tests has an issue for some reason.

Wayne

Re: Only Single Module is being Build when Executing Test Case

Posted by Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net>.
Reading your mail, I seem to understand your problem is not a real one.

You have a multimodule project, running A module, then B.

A fails during tests, then you are surprised that B build does not even
start.

If so, then it's working as expected.
If you want tests to not fail your whole build (so preventing the following
to run), there're many options to ignore tests failure.
But <warn>having to do that must be exceptional. If you configure your
build to constantly ignore tests failure, you are going the wrong
way.</warn>

Use either -DskipTests on the command line. Or worse configure your pom to
ignore tests (see maven surefire plugin documentation).

Cheers

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
Extremely difficult to help without seeing the error text message. At
least post that.

/Anders