Posted to dev@systemml.apache.org by Arvind Surve <ac...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2017/04/06 16:03:09 UTC

Branch 0.14 based on SystemML-0.14 RC1 has been deleted

Hi,
Branch 0.14 based on SystemML-0.14 RC1 has been deleted.
Going forward unless there is immediate need for a branch, branch based on  Release Candidate (RC) won't be created until RC build gets approved.
-Arvind Arvind Surve | Spark Technology Center  | http://www.spark.tc/

Re: Branch 0.14 based on SystemML-0.14 RC1 has been deleted

Posted by du...@gmail.com.
We should create a 0.14rc branch and use it for all 0.14 release candidates (if there are more than one, which there are in this case).  Any fixes needed should simply be added to master and cherry picked onto 0.14rc.  If the code in master has already removed the need for the fix (i.e. a major refactoring), then the fix simply goes to the 0.14rc branch.  Tying the master branch down for weeks on end just slows down development, and allows subtle bugs to be introduced in between release candidates.

-Mike

--

Mike Dusenberry
GitHub: github.com/dusenberrymw