Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "David A. Roth" <ro...@comcast.net> on 2005/03/01 21:19:19 UTC

SpamAssassin: could not report spam to SpamCop.

SA has been making e-mail great! Thanks to those who invented and
continue to work on it!!!

I'm using SA 3.02 on Red Hat Linux release 7.3 with Perl v5.6.1 built
for i686-linux

When I do the following command, I get this error message:

% cat spam.mbox | spamassassin -r --mbox -D

SpamCop -> report to vmx2.spamcop.net failed: Net::SMTP error
SpamCop -> report to vmx1.spamcop.net failed: Net::SMTP error
debug: SpamAssassin: could not report spam to SpamCop.

I ran it with -D for debug hoping to find more details. I do know that
Razor is available. These two messages I expected, "DCC is not
available: no executable dccproc found." and "Pyzor is not available:
pyzor not found" because they are not installed. Does DCC or Pyzor have
anything to do with the SpamCop errors?

If I have Razor installed and running, should I also install DCC and
Pyzor? As for SpamCop, is this another application to work with SA like
Razor?

Thanks in advance,

David Roth
rothmail - at - comcast.net