Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Matt Robinson <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2004/09/05 22:24:04 UTC

ThreadPool: Pool exhausted with 100 threads

Hi,

Has anyone been able to solve or work around this
problem under Tomcat 3.2.1? or does Tomcat 4.x
eliminate the pool exhausted problem?

We are running a medium load ASP and run into this
problem on 1 out of 4 servers each day, even though
we restart Tomcat nightly in effort to avoid it.
Ideally we wouldn't have to restart Tomcat more than
once every 2-3 weeks.

Any help much appreciated,
Matt

AW: ThreadPool: Pool exhausted with 100 threads

Posted by SH Solutions <sh...@gmx.net>.
Hi

> Has anyone been able to solve or work around this problem under Tomcat
3.2.1?

Any reasaon for this?
There is hardly anyone who can help you with 3.x.
3.x is of stone age, 4.0.x is already very old, 4.1.x is maintained but also
not current, and 5.0 is already stable for a while.
Even 5.5 is available but in early stages.

If possible, try to upgrade to 4.1.30 or 5.0.27.

Regards,
  Steffen