Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Matthew Bishop <Ma...@elasticpath.com> on 2013/09/04 19:48:03 UTC

.cfg or .config

What is the difference between config admin file types .cfg and .config?

Also I can't find any specs for these files. I am using to source from Felix as my guide but that doesn't seem like the right answer :)

Matthew Bishop, Senior Architect
Mobile: +1-604-218-8102
Email: Matthew.Bishop@elasticpath.com

Elastic Path Software Inc.
Web: www.elasticpath.com
Blog: www.getelastic.com
Community: grep.elasticpath.com
Careers: www.elasticpath.com/jobs

Confidentiality Notice: This message is intended only for the use of the designated addressee(s), and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure. Any unauthorized viewing, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of information contained in this e-mail is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this e-mail in error, please reply to the sender immediately to inform us you are not the intended recipient and delete the email from your computer system. Thank you.

Re: .cfg or .config

Posted by Matthew Bishop <Ma...@elasticpath.com>.
Thanks JB,

They aren't exactly java .properties files, at least .config files written
by Felix' Config Admin. The properties in that case can be preceded with
type information, like:

        property=B"true"

Which gets turned into a Dictionary entry ["property", Boolean.TRUE].

Is this the same for .cfg or are the .cfg files standard java properties?

And, does anyone know where the format of the .config files are published
besides in the source code? I should probably ask this one on the felix
forums but the same folks are likely participants here as well and it
would be good to document it in this thread.

On 2013-09-04 12:18 PM, "Jean-Baptiste Onofré" <jb...@nanthrax.net> wrote:

>There is: .config won't be loaded automatically by fileinstall by
>default (or you have to change etc/config.properties). If you talk in
>term of "content", the suffix/extension doesn't matter: it's properties
>file.
>
>Regards
>JB
>
>On 09/04/2013 09:07 PM, Matthew Bishop wrote:
>> So there is no difference between .cfg and .config?
>>

>> --
>> Matthew Bishop
>> Senior Product Architect
>> Elastic Path Inc.
>>
>> On 2013-09-04, at 11:43 AM, "Jean-Baptiste Onofré" <jb...@nanthrax.net>
>>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> if you take a look in etc/config.properties, you will find the
>>>configuration of ConfigAdmin/FileInstall:
>>>
>>> felix.fileinstall.dir    = ${karaf.base}/etc
>>> felix.fileinstall.filter = .*\\.cfg
>>> felix.fileinstall.poll   = 1000
>>> felix.fileinstall.noInitialDelay = true

Re: .cfg or .config

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Re: .cfg or .config

Re: .cfg or .config