Posted to dev@continuum.apache.org by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org> on 2009/07/26 03:36:31 UTC

Accessing the xml-rpc interface from ruby

I was trying to do some calls through the continuum xml-rpc interface
from Ruby, but I wasn't able to figure out the mapping between the
java methods and the xml-rpc methods

For instance, trying to call
client.buildProject( 1 );

with method names

buildProject
build_project
buildproject

all return a "No such handler" error

any idea what would be?

btw my ruby code is

    require 'xmlrpc/client'
    uri = "http://#{CONTINUUM_USERNAME}:#{CONTINUUM_PASSWORD}@#{CONTINUUM_HOST}:#{CONTINUUM_PORT}/continuum/xmlrpc"
    client = XMLRPC::Client.new2(uri)
    Hash result = client.call("buildproject","1")

Re: Accessing the xml-rpc interface from ruby

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
finally found out that it just required the fully qualified method name, doh!

result = client.call("org.apache.maven.continuum.xmlrpc.ContinuumService.buildProject","1")