Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Lefty Leverenz <le...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/18 21:57:02 UTC

Newbie question from an oldbie -- "local"

How is local mode (for execution of queries) related to local metastore, or
are they unrelated?

I was just linking wikidocs for these topics to each other, then realized
they aren't identical.

   - Hive, Map-Reduce and Local-Mode
   <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/GettingStarted#GettingStarted-Hive,Map-ReduceandLocal-Mode>
   - Local Metastore
   <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/AdminManual+MetastoreAdmin#AdminManualMetastoreAdmin-LocalMetastore>

-- Lefty

Re: Newbie question from an oldbie -- "local"

Posted by Lefty Leverenz <le...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the clarification, Szehon.

-- Lefty

Posted by Szehon Ho <sz...@cloudera.com>.