Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Fletcher Mattox <fl...@cs.utexas.edu> on 2008/04/03 17:49:55 UTC

trustedopinion.com

We just got hammered by something called trustedopinion.com with
invitations to visit their website.  Nearly 100 of these invitations
sailed right through SpamAssassin with the help of two extraordinarily
favorable rules:

-8.0 HABEAS_ACCREDITED_COI  RBL: Habeas Accredited Confirmed Opt-In or
                            Better
                            [209.237.227.62 listed in sa-accredit.habeas.com]
-4.3 RCVD_IN_BSP_TRUSTED    RBL: Sender is in Sender Score Certified (trusted
                             relay)
                            [Return Path SenderScore Certified (formerly]
                      [Bonded Sender) - <http://www.senderscorecertified.com>]

Surely such trust in them is misplaced?  At a minimum, I can guarantee
they are *not* "Opt-In or Better".

Fletcher

Re: trustedopinion.com

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Apr 03, 2008 at 08:58:28AM -0700, John Hardin wrote:
> So register complaints with Habeas and SenderScore and get their
> accreditations/certifications pulled.

... and also costing the sending company money, since they hit BSP.

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
Hermes to Bender: "What did you get her, you mushy gizmo?"

Re: trustedopinion.com

Posted by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Thu, 3 Apr 2008, Fletcher Mattox wrote:

> Surely such trust in them is misplaced?  At a minimum, I can guarantee
> they are *not* "Opt-In or Better".

So register complaints with Habeas and SenderScore and get their
accreditations/certifications pulled.

   False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real
   advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would
   take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown
   in it; that has no remedy for evils except destruction. The laws
   that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They
   disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit
   crime.               -- Cesare Beccaria, quoted by Thomas Jefferson
  10 days until Thomas Jefferson's 265th Birthday

Re: trustedopinion.com

Posted by in...@cs.utexas.edu.
Eloise Carlton writes:
> Thank you for taking the time to report and share this information. We
> have initiated an investigative process on this report and during the
> investigative period we have downgraded the sender's accreditation
> level.

Thank you, Eloise.  I greatly appreciate Habeas' responsiveness,
and have new respect for the service.

Fletcher

Re: trustedopinion.com

Posted by Eloise Carlton <el...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to report and share this information. We
have initiated an investigative process on this report and during the
investigative period we have downgraded the sender's accreditation
level. The original message was launched on 4/3 with the subject line
"Hey ;)" and a subsequent follow up message was sent today 4/9 with
the subject line "Reminder – Hey ;)". An update will be provided when
this investigation comes to an end.

Please feel free to send your spam report to complaints@habeas.com, we
will be happy to investigate the report and take appropriate action.

Kind regards,
Eloise Carlton
ecarlton@habeas.com