Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by htsang4lo <ht...@liveops.com> on 2012/10/02 01:34:32 UTC

How to program composite queue by using its name?

I tried run the ActiveMQ unit test of CompositeQueueTest which sends 10
messages to "MY.QUEUE" and the queue is a composite queue which should
forward messages to 2 physical queues. However, the messages are in
"MY.QUEUE" and the 2 physical destinations have no message at all.

How's should this unit test be working as it expects?

Re: How to program composite queue by using its name?

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
The virtual destination stuff is implemented on the broker, and it
could be dynamic but would need some programatic support (extending
the interceptor) to pick up changes at runtime.

The simple composite destination name syntax using a coma separated
list works just fine and is dynamic.

http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com

Re: How to program composite queue by using its name?

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
@htsang

I have just run that test on trunk and it works as expected, the
messages are forwarded and received from the expected destinations.
Have a peek at the output and trace:
http://pastebin.com/hRT7103x

There must be some difference in your setup.

http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com

Re: How to program composite queue by using its name?

Posted by htsang4lo <ht...@liveops.com>.

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
note the xml configuration for that test, the destination mapping is
defined in there as it uses the virtual destination feature. see:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/activemq/trunk/activemq-core/src/test/resources/org/apache/activemq/broker/virtual/composite-queue.xml?view=co&revision=916937&content-type=text%2Fplain