Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by void pointer <rc...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/01 02:25:39 UTC

Building subversion on Windows

Hey guys,
I'm sure this topic gets brought up all the time. And for once, Google
actually gives me too many results. I really want to know the best & easiest
way to build Subversion on Windows. If there is already a guide out there
fully detailing this, let me know. I'm going to continue my research on
Google but if I come up empty handed at least I should get some answers on
this thread.

Thanks.

Re: Building subversion on Windows

Posted by eg <eg...@gmail.com>.
void pointer wrote:
> Sorry I forgot to mention that I'm only building the subversion API on
> Windows, not the command line client.
>
> On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 9:40 PM, Robert Dailey <rcdailey@gmail.com
> <ma...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Looks like my best bet right now is to go through Subversion's
>     INSTALL file and spend a few hours (or days?) building for Windows.

I did it this way (once) -- back in 1.4x days. -- it was on the order
hours rather than days IIRC.

The last recommendation I heard was to look at the build scripts used by
  Subversion's Windows buildbot and iterate from there. Sorry dont have
a link handy...

I haven't mustered up the patience (or time or need) to try again.

Re: Building subversion on Windows

Posted by void pointer <rc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by void pointer <rc...@gmail.com>.