Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Robin D. Wilson" <rw...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/23 01:15:33 UTC

In the non-gui mode 'csv' log file, how would I calculate throughput?

I'm using the non-gui mode for some testing, and I'd like to attempt to
replicate closely what I get on the gui-mode summary report. The only thing I'm
missing is the 'throughput' values...

>From the standard data available in the non-gui log file, can someone tell me
how to calculate "throughput" that is similar to the gui-mode summary report's
"throughput" numbers?

(BTW, 'iterations/duration' doesn't work at all...)

--
Robin D. Wilson
Sr. Director of Web Development

Re: In the non-gui mode 'csv' log file, how would I calculate throughput?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 23 January 2014 01:20, Robin D. Wilson <rw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for the fast response!
>
> But I'm actually trying to build my own tool to digest the log file, since I don't want to have to start JMeter in GUI mode to see the results.

OK, I see.

> So I'd still need to figure out how to calculate the throughput for my tool...

Yes.

> I already have the ability to digest the rest of the stats I need, I just want to calculate throughput now...

It's not difficult, see:

http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/glossary.html

Posted by Sergio Boso <se...@bosoconsulting.it>.
Il 23/01/2014 02.20, Robin D. Wilson ha scritto:
> Thank you for the fast response!
> But I'm actually trying to build my own tool to digest the log file, since I don't want to have to start JMeter in GUI mode to see the results.
> So I'd still need to figure out how to calculate the throughput for my tool...
> I already have the ability to digest the rest of the stats I need, I just want to calculate throughput now...
> My tool outputs to the screen, in text but formatted in columns so it is easy to read. I can also output it in csv format so it can be used in a spreadsheet.
>
> --
> Robin D. Wilson
> VOICE: 512-777-1861

I implemented something similar in Ruby some time ago.
Here there are the two line of code:

    duration= (tFinish- tStart+ telapsed[-1])
    throughtput= nSample/ dur

Where  telapsed[-1] is the elapsed time of the last sample.
HTH

Sergio

--

Ing. Sergio Boso

Mail:
Cell:
Web:
Linkedin:
Skype:

sergio@bosoconsulting.it <ma...@bosoconsulting.it>
+39 335 7243 445
www.bosoconsulting.it <http://www.bosoconsulting.it>
http://it.linkedin.com/in/sergioboso <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/sergio-boso/1/29b/255>
sbos61

Re: In the non-gui mode 'csv' log file, how would I calculate throughput?

Posted by "Robin D. Wilson" <rw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.