Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Julian Zhou <ju...@me.com> on 2013/05/03 13:14:59 UTC

Jetty migration from version 6.1.26 to 9 ??

Is there any plan to migrate Jetty from version 6.1.26 (current version
in trunk) to version 9, which has been moved org.eclipse pkg? There are
lots of refactoring and new APIs for HTTP/Servlet/XML related in version
9, which might be able to benefit future HBase development and testcase.

Thanks~

--
Best Regards, Julian

Re: Jetty migration from version 6.1.26 to 9 ??

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Julian,

Maybe you can open a JIRA for that? If this something you are going to work
on?

JM

Posted by Julian Zhou <ju...@me.com>.
于 5/5/2013 2:38 AM, Jonathan Hsieh 写道:
> +1. to standing pat.
>
> I know we've found problem in jetty in the past and what we have now is
> solid.
>

> On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 1:48 PM, Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> We can move when Hadoop does.
>>
>> HOWEVER, it should be the same version used by downstream or we will have
>> classpath issues.
>>
>> Furthermore, any refactoring from 6 to 7 may well need to be done through
>> shims in hadoop-compat modules unless all branches of Hadoop that we
>> support have a release that moves to Jetty 7 (or 9 or whatever).
>>
>> I think we should wait at least until Hadoop makes a move, or if there is a
>> critical reason to do otherwise on our own initiative.
>>

>> On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 12:36 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
>> jean-marc@spaggiari.org> wrote:
>>
>>> There is some plans for Hadoop to move to Jetty 7.
>>>
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-8515
>>>
>>> Will that impact us? Might be the opportunity to move HBase to 9?

>>> inherit

>> version
>> are
>>> version
>>> testcase.

>> Hein
>>>>

>> --
>> Best regards,
>>
>>     - Andy

>> (via Tom White)

Thanks, Jon, Andrew and Jean's pointing out. Ok, yeah, there seems a
workload if migrating to 7 or 7+ version. Standing pat and keeping eyes
on hadoop's action makes sense.

Posted by Jonathan Hsieh <jo...@cloudera.com>.
+1. to standing pat.

--
// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)
// Software Engineer, Cloudera

Re: Jetty migration from version 6.1.26 to 9 ??

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
We can move when Hadoop does.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: Jetty migration from version 6.1.26 to 9 ??

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

--
Best regards,