Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Chris Ellem <ch...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/25 00:46:15 UTC

Upgrading to jre 1.8 for AIR compile

Hi, I am getting a geotrust error when trying to compile an AIR app.

So I am looking for the jre folder that goes inside the Flash Builder 4.7
folder under Program files on my windows machine.

If anyone can send me a working zip of their upgraded jre folder it would be
much appreciated as I cannot get the latest jre from java to work correctly.

chrisellem@gmail.com... Thanks in advance.

Re: Upgrading to jre 1.8 for AIR compile

Posted by alex fernandez <al...@gmail.com>.
Nice!
Thank you!

Posted by Chris Ellem <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Nemi, all sorted.

Re: Upgrading to jre 1.8 for AIR compile

Posted by Nemi <ne...@gmail.com>.
Trick is you need "jre" folder from "jdk". If you only install jre, it won't
work. So you need to *install jdk first*.

1 Close Flash Builder
2 In Flash Builder install folder, rename "jre" to something else, like
"jre_1.6.0_old"
3 Install latest JDK [1]
4 Copy "jre" folder from "jdk" install folder, to the Flash Builders "jre"
location.

I can tell you after I did above 4 steps, my work,save,debug,compile...
workflow is FIVE TIMES FASTER :)

[1] Latest JDK link that works for me is:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html
then choose: Windows x64	194.64 MB  	jdk-8u111-windows-x64.exe