Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Gabriele Columbro <ga...@apache.org> on 2010/06/24 14:55:46 UTC

[VOTE] Release Chemistry OpenCMIS version 0.1.0-incubating

Hi Chemists,
it's with great pleasure that I announce the first release candidate
(RC1) for Chemistry OpenCMIS 0.1.0-incubating available and ready for
your testing and voting.
You can find the staged release candidate artifacts at: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachechemistry-011/
The staging maven documentation site is at : http://people.apache.org/~gabriele/chemistry/opencmis/0.1.0-incubating/site/
Sources tag can be found at: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/chemistry/opencmis/tags/chemistry-opencmis-0.1.0-incubating-RC1/
We resolved/closed 77 issues, and the detailed release notes can be
found in Jira at: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CMIS/fixforversion/12315133
You can find a guide to testing staged releases: http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html
The vote (http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html) is open for 72
hours and passes if a majority of at least three +1 Chemistry PMC
votes are cast.
Final release approval will be then requested to the Incubator PMC (http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#best-practice-incubator-release-vote
)
Please cast your votes!

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Chemistry 0.1.0-incubating

Ciao,
Gabriele
--

Gabriele Columbro
Alfresco Software, Ltd.

http://www.mindthegab.com
http://twitter.com/mindthegabz

" Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue. "

RE: [VOTE] Release Chemistry OpenCMIS version 0.1.0-incubating

Posted by "Hermes, Martin" <ma...@sap.com>.
+1 Release this package as Apache Chemistry 0.1.0-incubating

Best regards,
Martin

Posted by Gabriele Columbro <co...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
On Jun 24, 2010, at 10:55 PM, Gabriele Columbro wrote:

> it's with great pleasure that I announce the first release candidate
> (RC1) for Chemistry OpenCMIS 0.1.0-incubating available and ready
> for your testing and voting.

This votes passes as follows:

+1 Florian Mueller
+1 Stephan Klevenz
+1 Martin Hermes
+1 David Caruana
+1 Jens Hubel

> Final release approval will be then requested to the Incubator PMC (http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#best-practice-incubator-release-vote
> )
> Please cast your votes!

I will request final release approval to the general incubator list
(general at incubator.apache.org) before pushing the release and
announcement out.

Thanks for your commitment!

Ciao,
Gab

--

Eng. Gabriele Columbro
Alfresco Software, Ltd.

M: +31 (0)627 565 103
P: +39 320 161 28 46
D: +44 (0)1628 876 654

Skype: gabrielecolumbro
Blog: http://www.mindthegab.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/mindthegabz

Re: [VOTE] Release Chemistry OpenCMIS version 0.1.0-incubating

Posted by Stephan Klevenz <st...@klaeff.de>.
+1

Am 24.06.2010 um 14:55 schrieb Gabriele Columbro:

> Hi Chemists,
> it's with great pleasure that I announce the first release candidate (RC1) for Chemistry OpenCMIS 0.1.0-incubating available and ready for your testing and voting.
> You can find the staged release candidate artifacts at: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachechemistry-011/
> The staging maven documentation site is at : http://people.apache.org/~gabriele/chemistry/opencmis/0.1.0-incubating/site/
> Sources tag can be found at: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/chemistry/opencmis/tags/chemistry-opencmis-0.1.0-incubating-RC1/
> We resolved/closed 77 issues, and the detailed release notes can be found in Jira at: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CMIS/fixforversion/12315133
> You can find a guide to testing staged releases: http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html
> The vote (http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html) is open for 72 hours and passes if a majority of at least three +1 Chemistry PMC votes are cast.
> Final release approval will be then requested to the Incubator PMC (http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#best-practice-incubator-release-vote)
> Please cast your votes!
>
> [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Chemistry 0.1.0-incubating
>
> Ciao,
> Gabriele
> --
>
> Gabriele Columbro
> Alfresco Software, Ltd.
>
> http://www.mindthegab.com
> http://twitter.com/mindthegabz
>
> " Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue. "

----
Stephan Klevenz

Fabrikstr. 45
69126 Heidelberg

Tel.: +49 6221 879625
Fax.: +49 6221 339926

RE: Make the release "legally" ASF compliant

Posted by Florian Müller <fm...@opentext.com>.
Hi,

I've added the missing license information to the best of my knowledge and belief. It is the result of my research but I'm not a lawyer.
Could someone verify /src/main/appended-resources/supplemental-models.xml ?

- Florian

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
On 26.06.2010 19:04:17 Florian Müller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The JARs contain a DEPENDENCIES file in the META-INF directory. It lists
> all dependencies with project and license links. Is this sufficient?

Hmm, I missed the DEPENDENCIES file. My bad. But it is incomplete. Maven
didn't recognize the licenses for some of the dependencies. If that
listing were complete, it would be sufficient, sure.

> The WARs contain LICENSE and NOTICE files in the META-INF directory but
> no DEPENDENCIES file. That might be an issue.

At least the following WARs don't have a LICENSE and NOTICE file:
- chemistry-opencmis-server-bindings-0.1.0-incubating.war
- chemistry-opencmis-server-inmemory-0.1.0-incubating.war
- chemistry-opencmis-server-fileshare-0.1.0-incubating.war
- chemistry-opencmis-test-browser-app-0.1.0-incubating.war

> - Florian
>

> Am 26.06.10 06:02, schrieb Gabriele Columbro:
> > Hey Jeremias,
> > thanks for the extremely detailed feedback, it was really appreciated :)
> >
> > See below few more details:
> >
> > On Jun 25, 2010, at 6:17 PM, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> >
> >> Some observations (non-blockers for a first release, I guess):
> >>
> >> - Gabriele, you may want to publish your PGP key on a key server and see
> >> to it that you can soon meet some fellow Apache committers so you can
> >> get your code signing key cross-signed.
> >
> > I published my key on the PGP MIT server
> > (http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=Columbro+code+signing&op=vindex)
> > and will be glad to enter the ASF web of trust at the first gathering
> > (maybe ACUS 2010).
> >

> >> - the WARs all contain no LICENSE and NOTICE files.
> >
> > This is taken care of automatically for JARs by the (inherited)
> > maven-remote-resources-plugin. Checking if there's an option to do the
> > same for WARs.
> >

> >> - maybe problematic: I cannot find a list of dependencies including
> >> their applicable license (a long-standing issue I have with Maven).
> >> JAX-WS-RI is CDDL/GPLv2 and therefore Category B according to [1]. IMO,
> >> the necessary labeling requirements are not met, yet. The same seems to
> >> apply to mimepull and saaj. I think the best way is to create a
> >> README.txt which contains a manually maintained list and to include that
> >> README.txt in all dist ZIPs and WARs (i.e. the files that include the
> >> third-parties), maybe even all JARs because they have these dependencies.
> >> That would make it very easy for people to verify the dependencies
> >> against their own license policies.
> >
> > I created an issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CMIS-224 in
> > order to track this task. I set 0.2.0 as fix version, but do you believe
> > that this should be fixed also in 0.1.0 ?
> >
> > @devs: anyone who can help creating this text file per package? I can
> > then easily include it in the build.
> >
> > Thanks again for the expert feedback!
> >
> > Ciao,
> > Gab

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Make the release "legally" ASF compliant

Posted by Florian Müller <mu...@gotux.de>.
Hi,

Make the release "legally" ASF compliant (was: Re: [VOTE] Release Chemistry OpenCMIS version 0.1.0-incubating)

Posted by Gabriele Columbro <co...@gmail.com>.
Hey Jeremias,

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
+1 (non-binding)

[...]

[1] http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-b

Otherwise, great to see a first release!

Posted by Jens Hübel <jh...@opentext.com>.
Looks good...

+1

Jens

Posted by David Caruana <da...@alfresco.com>.
+1

Regards,
David Caruana

Posted by Florian Müller <fm...@opentext.com>.
+1 Release this package as Apache Chemistry 0.1.0-incubating

Thanks Gabriele!

I found two small glitches that shouldn't stop the release:
- The source bundle contains the _dev folder which should be excluded.
- The client-with-dependencies bundle contains a junit, an ogsi and a jopt JAR that don't need to be there.

Both just add stuff that is not required and don't harm the operation of OpenCMIS. So, go for it!

Cheers,

Florian