Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Chris Herssens <ch...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/20 11:02:04 UTC

docker nifi cluster not working

Hello All,

I try to setup a nifi cluster with docker for windows.
For that I use the docker-compose file from the nifi repository
(https://github.com/apache/nifi/tree/master/nifi-docker/docker-compose)

I launch 3 nifi instance , but the instances are not clustered.  In the
nifi properties files the cluster variables are not changed :

nifi.cluster.is.node=false
nifi.cluster.node.address=
nifi.cluster.node.protocol.port=

also zookeeper connect setting is empty

docker image for nifi is set to  apache/nifi:1.7.1

regards,

Chris

Re: docker nifi cluster not working

Posted by Mike Thomsen <mi...@gmail.com>.
1.8 is not released yet. You'd have to build the source from the GitHub
repo with "myn install -DskipTests=true" at the root of the project and
then do "mvn clean install -Pdocker" inside of the nifi-docker/dockermaven
project to build it. You're welcome to try it out, but as it's not released
yet it would not be a good idea to install it anywhere but a test
environment.

Thanks,

Mike

Posted by Andrew Grande <ap...@gmail.com>.
I think the idea is, if there is anything available today, it will have to
be built from sources, including the new docker image. I.e. it's not a
public image yet.

Andrew

Posted by Chris Herssens <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hello Mike,