Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Masatake Iwasaki <iw...@oss.nttdata.co.jp> on 2020/09/14 17:59:00 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.10.1 (RC0)

Hi folks,

This is the first release candidate for the second release of Apache Hadoop 2.10.
It contains 218 fixes/improvements since 2.10.0 [1].

The RC0 artifacts are at:
http://home.apache.org/~iwasakims/hadoop-2.10.1-RC0/

RC tag is release-2.10.1-RC0:
https://github.com/apache/hadoop/tree/release-2.10.1-RC0

The maven artifacts are hosted here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1279/

My public key is available here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/hadoop/common/KEYS

The vote will run for 5 days, until Saturday, September 19 at 10:00 am PDT.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20in%20(HDFS%2C%20YARN%2C%20HADOOP%2C%20MAPREDUCE)%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Fixed%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%202.10.1

Thanks,
Masatake Iwasaki

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.10.1 (RC0)

Posted by Masatake Iwasaki <iw...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.
+1(binding) from myself.

* launched pseudo-distributed cluster using binary tarball on CentOS 7.
* ran some example mapreduce jobs.

* built source tarball on CentOS 8 with `-Pdist -Pnative`.
* launched 3-nodes cluster with NN-HA and RM-HA enabled using docker.
* ran some example mapreduce jobs.

* built RPM from source tarball using master branch of Bigtop on CentOS 7.
* deployed 3-nodes cluster using docker provisioner of Bigtop.
* ran smoke-tests of hdfs, yarn, mapreduce and kms.

* built RPM of hbase-1.5.0 and hive-2.3.6 using master branch of Bigtop on CentOS 7.

Thanks,
Masatake Iwasaki

Re: [E] [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.10.1 (RC0)

Posted by Jim Brennan <ja...@verizonmedia.com.INVALID>.
Thanks for your work on this Masatake!  I am +1 (non-binding) on this
2.10.1 release.
I built from source and ran hdfs, resourcemanager, and nodemanager unit
tests.
I set up a one-node-cluster and ran some example jobs (pi, sleep).
I tested NM/RM recovery by killing NM/RM during jobs and verifying they
completed successfully after restarting them.

Posted by Mingliang Liu <li...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

1. Download binary and check signature / checksum successfully
2. Create a 3 node cluster in Docker containers and start the HDFS/YARN
services
3. Verify the running version
4. Run simple HDFS/YARN client/admin commands and verify the output
5. Run example programs wordcount and grep
6. Check NN/DN/RM status and service logs

Thanks,

Posted by Mingliang Liu <li...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Mingliang Liu <li...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Mingliang Liu <li...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Vinayakumar B <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vinayakumar B <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vinayakumar B <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vinayakumar B <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Sunil Govindan <su...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Masatake Iwasaki <iw...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.
The vote passed with 6 binging +1's and 2 non-binding +1's.
Thanks all for pushing this.
I'm going to publish the release.

binding +1's:

- Eric Payne
- Sunil Govindan
- Wei-Chiu Chuang
- Vinayakumar B
- Mingliang Liu
- Masatake Iwasaki

non-binding +1's:

- Jim Brennan
- Eric Badger

Bests,
Masatake Iwasaki

Posted by Sunil Govindan <su...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Masatake Iwasaki <iw...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.

Posted by Masatake Iwasaki <iw...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.

Posted by Sunil Govindan <su...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Masatake Iwasaki <iw...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.

Posted by Sunil Govindan <su...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Masatake Iwasaki <iw...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.

Posted by Masatake Iwasaki <iw...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.

Posted by Masatake Iwasaki <iw...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.

Posted by Jim Brennan <ja...@verizonmedia.com.INVALID>.

Re: [E] Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.10.1 (RC0)

Posted by Eric Badger <eb...@verizonmedia.com.INVALID>.
+1 (non-binding)

- Verified all hashes and checksums
- Built from source on RHEL 7
- Deployed a single node pseudo cluster
- Ran some example jobs

Only minor thing is that the DockerLinuxContainerRuntime won't run in a
secure environment using kerberos and nscd because there is no way to
bind-mount the nscd socket without modifying the source code. However,
DockerLinuxContainerRuntime is wholly experimental in 2.10 and anyone using
it should be on 3.x

Eric

Posted by Eric Badger <eb...@verizonmedia.com.INVALID>.
+1 (non-binding)