Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by shane knapp <sk...@berkeley.edu> on 2019/04/18 21:57:08 UTC

[SPARK-25079][build system] the future of python3.6 is upon us!

well, upon us on monday.  :)

firstly, an important note:  if you have an open PR, please check to see if
you need to rebase my changes on it before testing.

monday @ 11am PST, i will begin.  in order:

0) jenkins enters quiet mode, running PRB builds cancelled

1)  existing p3k env on all workers will be updated to python3.6  [1]
1a)  spot-check for the random 'us/pacific-new' bug

3)  remove the TODOs from the three PRs and merge

4)  jenkins exits quiet mode, builds launch

5)  ~5 hours later i'll check back in and make sure we're good.  :)

steps 1-4 shouldn't take more than an hour and i really expect things to be
back up and running pretty quickly.  i will send updates as needed.

shane

1--   this will be for 2.3/2.4 only, and tests against pandas 0.19.2 and
pyarrow 0.8.0.  master tests against pandas 0.23.2 and pyarrow 0.12.1
--
Shane Knapp
UC Berkeley EECS Research / RISELab Staff Technical Lead

Re: [SPARK-25079][build system] the future of python3.6 is upon us!

Posted by shane knapp <sk...@berkeley.edu>.
and this is done.

welcome to the brave new world of python3.6!

Posted by shane knapp <sk...@berkeley.edu>.