Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by doug <um...@yahoo.com> on 2002/08/01 01:09:43 UTC

Re: tcpmon odd characters glue

Armbrust, Daniel C. wrote:
> I am using GLUE to talk to an AXIS server. When I run tcpmon it prints out my outgoing and incoming soap
> messages like it is supposed to. Here is a sample reply from the server. My question is, whey do I have these odd characters in here? Like the '1f3' in front of the xml, and the '0' in front of the http and the '2b4b6' in front of the next xml? I did not get these when I used AXIS on both ends instead of glue.
>
> It does work fine, I just want to know whats up with these characters (and how to get rid of them)
>

> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 13:20:52 GMT
> Transfer-Encoding: chunked
> Server: Apache Tomcat/4.0.1 (HTTP/1.1 Connector)
>
> 1f3
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <soapenv:Envelope
> <soapenv:Body>
> <ns1:browserNameResponse
> soapenv:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
> xmlns:ns1="urn://foo.org/CTSVAPI">
> <return xsi:type="xsd:string">Reference Browser
> Implementation</return>
> </ns1:browserNameResponse>
> </soapenv:Body>
> </soapenv:Envelope>
>
> 0
> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 13:20:52 GMT
> Transfer-Encoding: chunked
> Server: Apache Tomcat/4.0.1 (HTTP/1.1 Connector)
>
> 2b4b6
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <soapenv:Envelope
> <soapenv:Body>

i see that too when routing WASP calls through TCPMon.  interesting.

Re: tcpmon odd characters glue

Posted by "Jesse D. Sightler" <js...@eximtechnologies.com>.
It sounds like GLUE and WASP are using "Transfer-Encoding: chunked" to
send HTTP.  It's just an HTTP/1.1 feature that not every app/app. server
supports.

I believe the numbers are to delineate chunks, as well as to indicate
content length in the next chunk.

--
Jess Sightler