Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Sunil Pandit <sp...@csc.com> on 2013/03/25 22:30:59 UTC

[users@httpd] ReverseProxy and application/pdf

Hello Experts !!!!

I am having an issue with Reverse Proxy . I am using Apache 2.2 as a
reverse proxy .

I am reverse proxying a web app which creates a page with an Object tag in
it . The Object tag contains PDF . Something like this

<object id="pdf" width="100%" height="430"
data="/ceremony/pdf/1364235708281a18U0000000MRhyIAG_UniversalLife1363263085413.pdf?org=1&packageid=040B3D95F8AF&trackid=2B921EB6D592&locatorid1=2EB8321FE1A9#toolbar=1&messages=0&navpanes=0&page=6&zoom=98.9,0,498"
 type="application/pdf"></object>

When I access this web app directly everything works fine .The problem is
when I access this web application through reverse proxy , user does not
see the PDF. On Further investigation I found that the HTML that is
displayed  does not contain the object tag .

I am not sure what I am missing as there is no error in the log . Here is
my reverse proxy configuration

<IfModule mod_proxy.c>
	ProxyRequests Off
	ProxyVia On
	ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain 20.15.93.102 localhost
</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_proxy_html.c>
	LogLevel Debug
	ProxyHTMLLogVerbose On
	ProxyHTMLEnable On
	ProxyHTMLExtended On
	###SetOutputFilter proxy-html
	xml2EncAlias ISO-8859-1 Windows-1252
	xml2EncDefault Windows-1252
</IfModule>

<location /ceremony/ >
	##RequestHeader unset Accept-Encoding
	ProxyHTMLEnable On
	SetOutputFilter INFLATE;DEFLATE
	ProxyPass http://20.15.92.214/ceremony/
	ProxyPassReverse  http://20.15.92.214/ceremony/
	ProxyHTMLURLMap http://20.15.92.214/ceremony/ /ceremony/
	ProxyHTMLURLMap / /
	Order allow,deny
	Allow from all
</location>

I would appreciate any information in this regards.

Thanks
Sunil Pandit
CSC

200 West Cesar Chavez., Austin, TX 78701
Financial Services Sector  |  p: +1-512-2755792 | spandit2@csc.com  |
www.csc.com

for such purpose.