Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by James Bognar <ja...@salesforce.com> on 2016/10/17 16:15:07 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Juneau 6.0.0-incubating-RC3

The Apache Juneau Incubator PPMC has voted +3 to release Apache Juneau
6.0.0-incubating RC3.

This vote carries over +1 binding votes from IPMC mentors.
Incubator PMC members please review and vote on this incubator release.

Please note that this is our first attempt at a release, so please pay
special attention to details to ensure we've done everything correct.

Apache Juneau <http://juneau.incubator.apache.org/index.html> is...
- A toolkit for marshalling POJOs to a wide variety of content types using
a common framework.
- A REST server API for creating self-documenting REST interfaces using
POJOs.
- A REST client API for interacting with REST interfaces using POJOs.
- A REST microservice API that combines all the features above for creating
lightweight standalone  REST interfaces that start up in milliseconds.

Please see original [VOTE] thread
*https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/3af75ba134d88afaa6aa363f119f806785956ef252891a49c69f1487@%3Cdev.juneau.apache.org%3E
<https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/3af75ba134d88afaa6aa363f119f806785956ef252891a49c69f1487@%3Cdev.juneau.apache.org%3E>*
and
[DISCUSS] thread
*https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/f4beeac7f7cf676be6b614c0f295077de0782e2c75ea7406349cc588@%3Cdev.juneau.apache.org%3E
<https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/f4beeac7f7cf676be6b614c0f295077de0782e2c75ea7406349cc588@%3Cdev.juneau.apache.org%3E>*

The binaries are available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/juneau/binaries/juneau-6.0.0-incubating-RC3/
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/juneau/binaries/juneau-6.0.0-incubating-RC3/>

The release candidate to be voted over is available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/juneau/source/juneau-6.0.0-incubating-RC3/
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/juneau/source/juneau-6.0.0-incubating-RC3/>

Build the release candidate using:
mvn clean install

The release candidate is signed with a GPG key available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/juneau/KEYS

A staged Maven repository is available for review at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejuneau-1004/

Please vote on releasing these packages as:
Apache Juneau 6.0.0-incubating

The vote will be open for a minimum of 72 hours.
[ ] +1 Release this package
[ ] 0 I don't feel strongly about it, but don't object

James Bognar

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Juneau 6.0.0-incubating-RC3

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
Agreed, a reroll isn't required.  Would be good if the next release is
perfect, but not required.

Here's my +1 on the release as well.  Please also note that Craig provided
a +1 on the dev list

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by James Bognar <ja...@salesforce.com>.
Thanks Justin,

I'm going to clean these up and give it another spin.

Does anyone else want to check the project before I cancel this vote?

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

1. https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/juneau/binaries/juneau-6.0.0-incubating-RC3/