Posted to user@lucenenet.apache.org by Hans Merkl <hm...@hmerkl.com> on 2010/03/09 04:26:18 UTC

What is the current production version?

I am a little confused about the current version of Lucene.Net that can used for production. In SVN I can see a tag for version 2.9.1  but the "stable" version on http://lucene.apache.org/lucene.net/ links to version 2.0.0 from 2 years ago.

Does anybody know what the current version is?

Thanks

Hans

RE: What is the current production version?

Posted by Michael Garski <mg...@myspace-inc.com>.
Floyd,

In my performance testing I observed slightly faster performance when
sorting on a field value as opposed to the score as the score is not
calculated for the document in that case.  Nothing significant, but
measureable.

Does that help?

Michael

Posted by Simone Chiaretta <si...@gmail.com>.
It's just that score is not calculated anymore if you are sorting the
results on any field, but only if you are not sorting on anything.
But that can be fixed quite easily by calculating the score yourself:
I wrote a blog post that explains how:
http://codeclimber.net.nz/archive/2010/02/26/lucene.net-is-powering-subtext-2.5-search.aspx
scroll to the "Performing queries" section of the post
Simo

--
Simone Chiaretta
Microsoft MVP ASP.NET - ASPInsider

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
"Life is short, play hard"

Re: What is the current production version?

Posted by Floyd Wu <fl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Michael,

Posted by Michael Garski <mg...@myspace-inc.com>.
Floyd -

Posted by Floyd Wu <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hans Merkl <hm...@hmerkl.com>.
Art,

Thanks for the info. I'll give 2.9 a try.

I am pretty new to Lucene and I am wondering if there is an official channel
to find out which version is stable enough. I can't find anything on the web
site.

Posted by Artem Chereisky <a....@gmail.com>.
Hans,