Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jonas Nordström <Jo...@ei.sigma.se> on 2000/12/01 13:45:04 UTC

How to use specified NIC

I have an application where incoming requests are handled by a gateway that
translates the requests and sends them on to the intranet, receives the
response, changes the links and sends the answer to the client. When I do
the Intranet request (using LWP::UserAgent), I want to specify which network
interface to use, so that the call isn't transfereed to the internet domain.
Is this possible using som mod-perl magic?

Jonas Nordstrom
Sigma Exallon Information AB

Re: How to use specified NIC

Posted by Francesc Guasch <fr...@etsetb.upc.es>.
Jonas Nordström wrote:

> I have an application where incoming requests are handled by a gateway that
> translates the requests and sends them on to the intranet, receives the
> response, changes the links and sends the answer to the client. When I do
> the Intranet request (using LWP::UserAgent), I want to specify which network
> interface to use, so that the call isn't transfereed to the internet domain.
> Is this possible using som mod-perl magic?

I you're worried about where your network packets go I think this is
not a modperl issue. You have already configured your routes so I
don't see where is your problem here.

--
 - frankie -