Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by m_salman <mo...@yahoo.com> on 2008/10/18 05:38:21 UTC

retricted AutoCompleteTextField

Hi,

I am really happy with what wicket has allowed me to do with Ajax and all
that.  I have just implemented an AutoCompleteTextfield.  It is very nice
but I would like to improve it so that the user is restricted to items in
the list.  So, the list is shown when the user types the first one or two
characters (I have done that) and the list changes as the user keeps on
typing.  But in the end if the user types some thing that is not part of the
list then the field should stop him from entering anything.  So it should be
a restricted AutoCompleteTextfield or may be a DropDown that allows the user
to enter some data before the list is shown.

Also how can I use objects with name, id in the list so that I get the
selected object?

Any advice about these will be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Mohammad

Re: retricted AutoCompleteTextField

Posted by m_salman <mo...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks. I tried the examples that came with it and I did not find it
restricting me to the given list.

For the other issue of getting the object id, I found in my own code that as
I keep on typing the text, the list keeps getting shorter and that makes it
easier to search for the object in the list with the selected name.

I do appreciate your help.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.