Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Mikolajczyk <mi...@linuxmmx.com> on 2001/02/15 19:30:43 UTC

HANDLER THREAD PROBLEM: java.net.SocketException Invalid argument

I am using Linux RedHat 7.0, Tomcat 3.2.1, Apache 1.3.14-3
and I get an exception when I try to route the request
to tomcat through Apache.

The error is as following

# HANDLER THREAD PROBLEM: java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument
java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketSetOption(PlainSocketImpl.java:native)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.setOption(PlainSocketImpl.java:158)
        at java.net.Socket.setSoLinger(Socket.java:106)
        at org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:122)
        at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:416)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:498)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:325)

Thank you for your help.
Mike Mikolajczyk

Re: HANDLER THREAD PROBLEM: java.net.SocketException Invalid argument

Posted by Michael Mikolajczyk <mi...@linuxmmx.com>.
I finally figured it out.  The problem is with the version of java I was using:

(Kaffe Virtual Machine
Copyright (c) 1996-2000
Transvirtual Technologies, Inc.  All rights reserved
Engine: Just-in-time v3   Version: 1.0.6   Java Version: 1.1)

After pointing Tomcat to:

{java version "1.3.0"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.0)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.3.0, mixed mode)}

everything worked fine.  Easy fix, sometimes you forget to look at those simple things first.

Michael Mikolajczyk