Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2003/10/05 16:43:12 UTC

[codec][collections][dbcp] incorrect license for some source files

a number of components in the commons contain one or more source files
with licenses which do not match http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/license.
  (hint: 'Apache Group') these include codec, collections and dbcp.

unless some folks from these components volunteer before 12 noon GMT
tommorrow (monday), i'll correct the licenses.

- robert

Re: [codec][collections][dbcp] incorrect license for some source files

Posted by Janek Bogucki <ya...@studylink.com>.
On Sun, 2003-10-05 at 14:43, robert burrell donkin wrote:
> a number of components in the commons contain one or more source files
> with licenses which do not match http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/license.
>   (hint: 'Apache Group') these include codec, collections and dbcp.

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/license spells 'acknowledgement'
incorrectly in two places: 'acknowlegement' and ''acknowlegements,' so
it's worth fixing that first. The [collections] version of the license
already incorporates this fix, AFAIK.

-Janek

Re: [codec][collections][dbcp] incorrect license for some source files

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
i've inlined it this time. it takes a directory as the parameter.

- robert

#!/bin/sh
fix_license()
{
         if [ -f $file ]
         then
         echo processing $file
         cat $file | perl -e 'while (<STDIN>) {
     if (/^ \*    any, must include the following acknowlegement:/) {
         print " \*    any, must include the following acknowledgement:\n";
     } elsif (/^ \*    Alternately, this acknowlegement may appear in the
software itself,/) {
         print " \*    Alternately, this acknowledgement may appear in the
software itself,\n";
     } elsif (/^ \*    if and wherever such third-party acknowlegements
normally appear./) {
         print " \*    if and wherever such third-party acknowledgements
normally appear.\n";
     } elsif (/^ \*    permission of the Apache Group./) {
         print " \*    permission of the Apache Software Foundation.\n";
     } else {
         print $_;
     }
}' > $file.out
         mv $file $file.old~
         mv $file.out $file
         fi
}

for file in $( find $1 -type f -name '*.java' )
do
         fix_license
done
for file in $( find $1 -type f -name '*.txt' )
do
         fix_license
done

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.