Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Schachter, Michael" <MS...@Bluestone.com> on 2001/01/03 21:04:11 UTC

New Struts Tutorial, Request for Writings Section

Located here:

http://gallery.bluestone.com/scripts/SaISAPI.dll/Gallery.class/demos/trailMa
ps/index.jsp

(if the link breaks mid-line in this email, just go to
http://gallery.bluestone.com,
then go to "demos" then to "Trail Maps")

There is a new trail-map style tutorial on Struts
compliments of Bluestone Software.  It's based on
one of the more recent builds of Struts, so it should
be a good start for people just learning Struts with
the 1.0 release so close.

It'd be nice to have a more detailed
"External Documentation" or "Links" section on the
Struts website linking to all the tutorials and writings
available for struts, to make learning Struts faster and
easier.

I'd like to put together this section, then hopefully
just hand it off to Craig and he could post it to the
site.  If anyone has links to tutorials and writings
on Struts, please let me know so that I can add them
to this section.  I'm looking for demos, articles,
tutorials, and documented user experiences.

Thanks,

   Mike Schachter

Re: New Struts Tutorial, Request for Writings Section

Posted by Michael Westbay <we...@seaple.icc.ne.jp>.
Schachter-san wrote:

> Located here:
>
> http://gallery.bluestone.com/scripts/SaISAPI.dll/Gallery.class/demos/trailMaps/index.jsp
>
> There is a new trail-map style tutorial on Struts
> compliments of Bluestone Software.  It's based on
> one of the more recent builds of Struts, so it should
> be a good start for people just learning Struts with
> the 1.0 release so close.

I gave the "Hello-World I18N" trail a try, but only got the following
output:

    Hello Struts Users (English - default (probably); This application
    only supports English, Swedish, German and French)

My browser is set to accept Japanese [ja] by default.  It seems to me that
there should be a default on the server should the "Accept-Language"
header not cover the supported languages.

Just a thought for further refinement.

--
Michael Westbay
Work: Beacon-IT http://www.beacon-it.co.jp/

Re: New Struts Tutorial, Request for Writings Section

Posted by Ted Husted <ne...@husted.com>.
On 1/3/2001 at 3:04 PM Schachter, Michael wrote:
> I'd like to put together this section, then hopefully just hand it
off to Craig and he could post it to the
site.  If anyone has links to tutorials and writings on Struts, please
let me know so that I can add them
to this section.  I'm looking for demos, articles, tutorials, and
documented user experiences.

See < http://husted.com/about/struts > - take whatever you can use!

The trials look great! I'll look forward to reading them this weekend!

-- Tel 716 425-0252; Fax 716 223-2506.
-- http://www.husted.com/

Re: New Struts Tutorial, Request for Writings Section

Posted by Ted Husted <ne...@husted.com>.
Nice work!

Will it be updated for the 1.0 release?

The version online now seems based squarely on the 0.5 milestone, which
may be confusing once 1.0 is made the default release.