Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by Jim Apple <jb...@cloudera.com> on 2016/09/12 17:49:27 UTC

2.7.0 release blocker: testdata/data/mstr origin

In order to do a 2.7.0 release, we must ensure that everything in the
release is OK with http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html

I am using Apache RAT to do that. It is flagging the files in
testdata/data/mstr. Those files do not have a very informative git log
history:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-impala/commits/master/testdata/data/mstr

Can anyone vouch for where they came from? This is a 2.7.0 release blocker.

Thanks,
Jim

Re: 2.7.0 release blocker: testdata/data/mstr origin

Posted by Jim Apple <jb...@cloudera.com>.
OK, I will remove it in my RAT cleanup patch once I make sure the removal
passes when I do the rest of the RAT clean, too:

https://gerrit.cloudera.org/#/c/4361/

That will take a few hours for the test to complete.

Posted by Alex Behm <al...@cloudera.com>.
Let's remove it then!

Posted by Jim Apple <jb...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Jim Apple <jb...@cloudera.com>.