Posted to dev@stdcxx.apache.org by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com> on 2008/01/01 02:38:56 UTC

prototype of the "expected failures" enhancement (STDCXX-683)

The commit below implements an initial prototype of the "expected
failures" enhancement described in STDCXX-683. The prototype can
be viewed on the usual test result page:
   http://people.apache.org/~sebor/stdcxx/results/builds

The new file, etc/config/xfail.txt, is intended to contain a list
of known failures in the test suite (including examples and locales).
The comments in the file explain how to make a failure in a component
as expected.

Let me know what you all think: questions, suggestions for changes,
or bug reports are all welcome!

Happy new year!
Martin

PS I've tested the changes with build logs on most platforms but I
forgot to include Windows. As usual, things are different there and
the results aren't quite satisfactory. I'll work on fixing those as
soon as I get a chance.

Re: prototype of the "expected failures" enhancement (STDCXX-683)

Posted by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>.
Mark Brown wrote:
> Martin,
>
> Most of the links to the log files are broken.

I see it, thanks. I'm working on a patch.

> They all point to files
> in http://people.apache.org/tmp/. Also, I'm not sure I understand how
> rows in the tables are supposed to be arranged now. If I recall, they
> used to be ordered alphabetically but after your change 26 comes
> before 23, and 23 before 27. Is that intended?

Definitely not. It's caused by the associative nature of awk arrays
that I forgot to take into account and missed in visual inspection
of the changed output. I'll fix that next. Sorry about both problems.

Martin

Posted by Mark Brown <ma...@gmail.com>.
Martin,

Most of the links to the log files are broken. They all point to files